The Michigan Gaming Control Board consists of four divisions:
- Administration & Indian Gaming Division
- Casino Audit & Enforcement Division
- Licensing & Investigations Division
- Legal Affairs & Gaming Regulation Division
MGCB is supported by the Attorney General's Office - Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division, the Michigan State Police Gaming Section, and the Department of Technology, Management and Budget.
The Administration & Indian Gaming Division consists of four sections:
- Detroit Administrative Services Section: This section is responsible for the Disassociated Persons program (DPL), maintaining the Detroit MGCB offices, maintaining MGCB records, releasing information upon request through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and is the central reception area for the MGCB.
- Financial Services Section: This section is responsible for all budget, accounting, purchasing, travel and human resource functions for MGCB.
- Indian Gaming Section: This section performs audits on the tribal casinos.
- Infrastructure Security & Special Projects Section: This section coordinates infrastructure security and completes special projects on the behalf of the MGCB.
The Casino Audit & Enforcement Division consists of two sections:
- Audit Section: This section is comprised of the Casino Operations and Historical Audit staff. They review daily and monthly tax submissions from the Detroit casinos and perform audits in various sections of the Detroit casinos.
- Enforcement Section: This section ensures regulation and compliance within the Detroit casinos.
The Licensing & Investigations Division consists of four sections:
- Employee Licensing Section: This section reviews, investigates and recommends applicants wishing to obtain an occupational license to work in the Detroit casinos.
- Enterprise Licensing Section: This section handles the intake of casino, supplier and vendor exemptions and the financial investigation of casino, supplier and vendor applications. It works in conjunction with the Investigations Section.
- Investigations Section: This section performs investigations of millionaire party events and locations, suppliers, vendors and the casino licensees wishing to obtain licensure with MGCB.
- Criminal Investigations Section: This section provides investigative expertise to MGCB, as well as federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.
The Legal Affairs & Gaming Regulation Division consists of three sections:
- Gaming Laboratory Section: This section reviews and approves software used in the Detroit casinos. Tribal casinos must follow the compacts so Gaming Laboratory approval is not needed. This section also reviews and recommends Internal Control Standards for the Detroit casinos.
- Horse Racing Section: This section licenses and regulates race tracks in Michigan.
- Communications Section: This section is responsible for media relations.
"The Michigan Gaming Control Board shall ensure the conduct of fair and honest gaming to protect the interests of the citizens of the State of Michigan."