Tawas Point Lighthouse
- The Tawas Point Lighthouse allows visitors to explore a lighthouse still in use.
- Visitors have the chance to climb the 85 steps to the top of the lighthouse and get a panoramic view of Ottawa Point and Tawas Bay.
- The museum portion of the lighthouse shows artifacts from different time periods of its use. The lightkeeper's house was purchased and moved to the site in 1922.
- Tawas Point is the site of many special events each year, including Celebration Days, featuring historical demonstrations, activities, traditional music, crafts, a fishing derby and re-enactors.
- In 1859, the May Queen, a schooner bound for Milwaukee, sunk at Tawas Point during a storm. A 90-foot portion of the wreck has been unearthed due to recent low water levels.