Michigan History Museum Gallery
- The Michigan History Museum's dramatic entrance features a white pine (the state tree) set in a water feature with a tile mosaic and map of the state.
- The Michigan History Museum's atrium features this three-story-high topographical map of the state.
- The first galleries in the museum tell the story of pre-historic Michigan and the first contact with Europeans who explored the region.
- Michigan's role as a strong anti-slavery state in the Civil War is portrayed, including the state's important part in the Underground Railroad.
- Costumed interpreters personalize your experience, relating the stories of Michigan. The museum is a popular spot for school groups of all ages to learn, from guided tours to the Governor's Decision Room.
- The 1950s gallery at the Michigan History Museum tells Michigan's story as an automobile powerhouse, and how cars influenced Michigan's economy and culture.