MHC Volunteer Training Opportunities
Below is our current schedule for volunteer training opportunities at the Michigan History Center. Before attending any session, please make sure that you have:
- read about the MHC volunteer program
- completed the MHC volunteer application in PDF format or the fillable online MHC volunteer application
- completed page 1 of the DNR Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability in PDF format
Attendance at an Initial Volunteer Orientation session is mandatory for all prospective volunteers and volunteer docents.
2017Volunteer Docent Group Training
- Wednesday, January 11, 2-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 15, 2-4 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 10, 2-4 p.m.
Michigan History Center volunteers who wish to become volunteer docents must also attend this additional training. Volunteer Docent Group Training is available only to those who have completed the Initial Volunteer Orientation. Choose either a single full-day session (when available) or a four-session series.
- Saturday, February 25, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. ( a single "mega-session")
- Saturday, April 1, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. ( a single "mega-session")
- Wednesdays, May 17, 24, 31, and June 7