• Emergency Handbook for Food Managers This emergency handbook developed in Minnesota is designed as a quick reference guide to provide step-by-step emergency information to food managers and other supervisory personnel
at food service establishments.
• Emergency Action Plans for Retail Food Establishments Michigan Department of Agriculture's practical guidance for retail grocery and food service establishments to plan and respond to emergencies that create the potential for an imminent health hazard.
• Emergency Management Guide for Business & Industry This guide from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) provides step-by-step advice on how to create and maintain a comprehensive emergency management program. It can be used by manufacturers, corporate offices, retailers, utilities or
any organization where a sizable number of people work or gather.
• How to Plan for Workplace Emergencies and Evacuations This booklet is designed to help you, the employer, plan for that
possibility. The best way to protect yourself, your workers, and your
business is to expect the unexpected and develop a well-thoughtout
emergency action plan to guide you when immediate action is
• CDC Workplace Safety & Health A variety of workplace safety & health resources presented by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
• Disaster Planning Toolkit for Small- to Mid-Size Businesses The Institute for Business and Home Safety, a nonprofit initiative of the insurance industry, developed this document
specifically for small to mid-sized businesses. Your firm doesn't need a large company budget to accomplish the planning and protection basics.
• Shelter-in-Place at Your Office This guide from the National Institute for Chemical Studies gives helpful information on how to shelter-in-place at your office.
• American Red Cross - Prepare Your Workplace Preparedness and safety training information, guides, and the new Ready Rating program, all featured on the American Red Cross website.
• Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist for Businesses In the event of pandemic influenza, businesses will play a key role in protecting employees' health and safety
as well as limiting the negative impact to the economy and society. To assist you in your efforts, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC) have developed the following checklist for businesses. It identifies important,
specific activities large businesses can do now to prepare, many of which will also help you in other emergencies.
• Flood Insurance for Businesses This website from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) includes information on flood maps, flood hazard mapping, and the National Flood Insurance Program.
• Disaster Recovery for Small Businesses If your business or non-profit organization has suffered physical damage or your small business has sustained
economic injury after a disaster, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the U.S. Small Business