• Workplace Safety and Security Terrorism presents a new workplace hazard. Typically we know what the hazards of the workplace are, and we know how to protect workers against known risks. Learn about workplace safety and security from the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration, MIOSHA.
• Emergency Planning There are thousands of facilities in Michigan that handle substances that pose a potential threat to the environment and human health. To address the possibility of chemical releases, many federal and state regulations require emergency planning. Check here for more information on planning from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.
• Michigan State Police Hazardous Materials Information The Michigan State Police Hazardous Materials Section provides information on local planning for hazardous materials and training for responders in response to HazMat events.
• Personal Protective Equipment Respirator, protective clothing, and other guidance for first responders
• American Hospital Association Emergency Readiness As vital community resources, hospitals must be among the best prepared, alongside police, fire, rescue, and other public safety services. As hospitals' national voice, AHA will support at the national level what our members will be working to achieve in their communities: the readiness of people and resources.