Explore this page for resources that can help you before, during, and after an emergency.
Local Emergency Contacts
- Dial 911 for emergencies.
- Dial 211 for free, 24/7 info about critical health and human services available in your community.
- For a poison emergency call 800-222-1222.
State of Michigan Contacts
- Information can change rapidly in an emergency. Trusted social media outlets can be an important source of real time information. Use the links below to find State of Michigan agencies on your social media networks.
- View recent food recalls in Michigan and sign up for alerts to be sent to your email address or mobile phone at the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development's Food Recalls webpage.
In case you are separated from household members in an emergency, there are services available such as the Red Cross Safe and Well website that allows you list yourself as "safe and well" or search for others who have registered. The site is available at https://safeandwell.communityos.org.
- MI Prepares Emergency Plan App - Available for iPhone and Android
The Michigan Prepares Emergency Plan app is a free, easy-to-use tool that can help you and your family create a basic emergency plan in a few quick steps.
Learn how you can help those impacted by disaster: