Walking to work can be a practical option if you live two miles or less from your workplace. You may be surprised at just how quick and relaxing walking to and from work can be.
Walking is the easiest way to get to work with a smile on your face. You already have all the equipment you need, and each step you take saves you gas money and a lot of stress.
Check out these resources for information and a bit of encouragement.
- American Heart Association-Start! Fan Page: Walking
- Gmaps Pedometer
- Governor's Council on Physical Fitness Health and Sports
- Map My Run
- Michigan Safe Routes to School
- National Center for Safe Routes to School
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Information Center
- Promoting Active Communities
- Tips on Walking for Health and Fitness