Michigan Student Financial Services Bureau (MI Student Aid) Snapchat Contest Official Rules
Contest begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 7th, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 11th, 2017.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Michigan Student Financial Services Bureau (MI Student Aid) Contest (“Promotion” or “Contest”) is open to all legal residents of the State of Michigan. Employees of Student Financial Services Bureau, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies (collectively, “Related Entities”) and members of their immediate family or household of each are not eligible. No purchase necessary. A purchase does not improve your chances to win. Void where prohibited by law. By entering this contest, you have agreed to a complete release of Snapchat and the Michigan Department of Treasury (MI Student Aid) from any liability associated with this contest.
2. PRIZES/ODDS: One (1) winner will receive a MI Student Aid Prize pack. The prize pack will include one (1) of each of the following items: t-shirt, Bluetooth speaker, pen, drawstring bag, water bottle, AC adapter, and sunglasses. Winnings may be revoked in accordance with the Department of Treasury (MI Student Aid)’s standard procedures, which may take up to sixty (60) days after prize(s) has been granted to the winner. Winnings will be delivered to the winner within eight (8) weeks of confirming the winner meets all eligibility requirements as outlined herein. ALL EXPENSES, TAXES, AND COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF ANY PRIZE NOT SET FORTH IN THESE RULES ARE THE OBLIGATION OF THE WINNER. Entrants agree that if a winner is found to have violated these Official Rules, or otherwise does not meet the eligibility criteria, such prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate prize winner selected from among all remaining eligible entries. No assignment, transfer or substitution of prize is permitted by the winner.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible participants may enter the Promotion by “Following” the MI Student Aid Snapchat account “MiStudentAid” on the Snapchat app and sending a Snapchat from the participant’s account to the MI Student Aid Snapchat account in accordance with the monthly theme. Participants may enter one time during the promotion period for a chance to win (“Entry”). Entries must be solely the work of the registrant. Treasury (MI Student Aid) has the right to disqualify any Entry that does not adhere to the criteria, that is not reasonably pertinent to the judging criteria or is otherwise in violation of these Rules as determined by Treasury (MI Student Aid) in its sole and absolute discretion. Treasury (MI Student Aid) is not responsible for Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, illegible and/or incomplete due to a computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Use of robotic, automatic, or macro devices is not valid for entry. Any Entry that is submitted with the use of a robotic, automated or macro device will be void. All Entries and Content become the property of Treasury (MI Student Aid) upon submission and will not be acknowledged or returned and Treasury (MI Student Aid) has the right to dispose of the entries at Treasury (MI Student Aid)’s discretion. By submitting an Entry, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules, and all Snapchat Statement of Rights and Terms and Conditions. Unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible, or Entries which otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. By submitting an Entry, each entrant consents to receive from Treasury (MI Student Aid) a Snapchat Message notifying such entrant that he/she is a potential prize winner. By entering, you acknowledge that your Content may be posted at Treasury (MI Student Aid) and/or Related Entities website or social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid, at Treasury (MI Student Aid),’s sole discretion. Treasury (MI Student Aid) has no obligation to use or post any Content submitted. The use of any Content by Treasury (MI Student Aid) or any Related Entity does not have any effect on the winner selection process. By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants that he or she has the right to grant and does hereby grant Treasury (MI Student Aid) and the Related Entities a worldwide, irrevocable, exclusive, assignable, transferable, unqualified, unrestricted, royalty-free license and right to edit, modify, publish, use, reuse, distribute, display, copy and otherwise exploit the Content or any part thereof (with or without the entrant’s name and city/state), and any materials based thereon or derived from, in any manner and in any media (whether now known or later developed), for any lawful purposes whatsoever (non-commercial or commercial), including, without limitation, for use in the commercial packaging and point-of-sale materials, or for promotion, marketing or advertising of Treasury (MI Student Aid), or any Related Entity, each of their respective brands and/or products in any medium (whether now or hereafter known) throughout the world in perpetuity without further permission, notification, consideration, or payment to the entrant, except where prohibited by law. In addition, each entrant forever waives in favor of Treasury (MI Student Aid) all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that may preclude the use of the Content (or any part thereof) as granted herein, or require entrant’s permission to use the Content (or any part thereof) for the purposes stated herein.
4. ENTRY/DRAWING: This Promotion begins at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 7th, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 11th, 2017. ("Promotion Period"). A random drawing will take place at the end of the Promotion Period. The winner will be selected from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
5. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS AND PRIZE FULFILLMENT: Student Financial Services Bureau will notify the Winners by Private Message within one (1) week following the Promotion Period. All decisions are final and binding. Failure to respond to a message within a twenty-four (24) hour period will result in the winner being disqualified and a new winner will be selected. Treasury (MI Student Aid) is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner.
6. GENERAL: By entering, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Treasury (MI Student Aid) regarding all aspects of this Promotion which are final and binding. Treasury (MI Student Aid) is not responsible for errors in any Promotion-related materials. Potential winner(s) may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release within 14 days of successful notification or prize may be forfeited. Entry and acceptance of prize constitutes permission to post winner’s name on Treasury (MI Student Aid) and/or Related Entities website or social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat or www.michigan.gov/mistudentaid/ and to use winner’s name, hometown and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion in its marketing materials without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, you release and hold harmless the Related Entities, Snapchat, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers and employees and agents from all liability or any injuries of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this Promotion or acceptance or use of any prize. Treasury (MI Student Aid) reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify this Promotion if fraud or any other causes beyond its control affects the integrity or fairness of the Promotion, as determined by Treasury (MI Student Aid).
7. This promotion is in no way, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Snapchat. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to Treasury (MI Student Aid), not Snapchat.