- New MPSC telecom rules protect customers in provider disputes
- MPSC reorganizes staff, energy divisions
- We Are HIRING! Looking for someone to fill TWO positions at the MPSC: 1) Executive Secretary and 2) Analyst on utility financial and energy information.
- MPSC sets deadlines for utilities to calculate federal tax law savings for ratepayers
- Gas Safety Regulatory Impact Statement (RIS) and Cost-Benefit Analysis Form
Public Acts 341 and 342 were passed on December 15, 2016, and signed by Governor Rick Snyder on December 21, 2016. PA 341 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to utility rate cases, electric choice, certificate of necessity, and electric capacity resource adequacy, and establishes an integrated resource planning process. PA 342 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to renewable energy, energy waste reduction, and distributed generation, and allows utilities to implement on-bill financing programs. The laws take effect on April 20, 2017.
Click here to find general information about implementation tasks, staff leads for each of the tasks, implementation status updates, and ways to keep informed of stakeholder engagement opportunities.