- MPSC to hold two informational public meetings on Consumers Energy's proposal dealing with early termination of its Palisades power purchase agreement
- New energy law implementation website for stakeholders available
- MPSC directs Consumers Energy Company and DTE Electric Company to make filings related to the establishment of a State Reliability Mechanism
- MPSC issues 2016 annual report
The report is a summary of Commission activities and may include rules, opinions, and orders promulgated or entered by the Commission during the calendar year covered by the report, as well as any other noteworthy information that the Commission deems appropriate.
- Charter Communications now offering low-cost broadband service for eligible low-income customers, including seniors for first time in Michigan
Public Acts 341 and 342 were passed on December 15, 2016, and signed by Governor Rick Snyder on December 21, 2016. PA 341 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to utility rate cases, electric choice, certificate of necessity, and electric capacity resource adequacy, and establishes an integrated resource planning process. PA 342 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to renewable energy, energy waste reduction, and distributed generation, and allows utilities to implement on-bill financing programs. The laws take effect on April 20, 2017.
Click here to find general information about implementation tasks, staff leads for each of the tasks, implementation status updates, and ways to keep informed of stakeholder engagement opportunities.