natural gas consumer tips
- Portable Generator - Carbon Monoxide Safety Describes safe use of portable generators.
- Utility Tips for First Time Renters and Homeowners Describes what new renters and homeowners should know when starting service with their utility(ies).
- Programs and Protections for Senior Citizens Provides information about programs available to protect and assist seniors (age 65 or older)
- The Home Heating Credit Describes eligibility requirements and how to apply for the Home Heating Credit.
- Understanding Your Natural Gas Bill Explains the various itemized charges on a natural gas bill.
- Utility Help for Military Families Provides information on utility shutoff protection for eligible military families.
- Home Heating Help Advises of programs which help customers avoid winter utility service shutoff.
- The Earned Income Credit Can Help Low Income Families Pay Their Utility Bills Describes eligibility requirements and how to apply for the Earned Income Credit.
- Tips For Terminating Or Changing Utility Service Outlines precautionary steps to take when changing or terminating utility service.
- Protect Your Privacy And Prevent Utility Service Fraud Provides information on how to prevent utility service fraud and identifies steps to take if you are a victim.
- Appliance Service Plans-Read The Fine Print Describes the home appliance service plans offered by utility companies, and provides information to consider before purchasing such a plan.
- Utility Bills And Your Credit Report Describes credit reporting as it applies to utility bills, and provides information and resources available to help maintain good utility credit.
- The Real Story About Estimated Utility Bills Provides information on the billing practice of estimated utility bills and discusses customer meter reads.
- Natural Gas Choice
Provides helpful information about the Natural Gas Choice Program and what customers should know about switching to an Alternative Natural Gas Supplier.
- The Formal Utility Complaint Describes how a customer files a utility complaint with the Michigan Public Service Commission.
- Supplemental Home Heating Sources - Life Saving Tips Provides information on the safe operation of fireplaces and electric, gas, and kerosene space heaters.
- The Rate Case-How Utility Rates Are Set Identifies the procedures involved in setting up rates utility companies may charge for their services.
- Your Utility Meter: Accessibility and Location Provides information on customer responsibilities regarding meter location, access, and relocation costs.