electric consumer tips
- Energy Reliability in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
Provides an update of energy issues in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- Portable Generator - Carbon Monoxide Safety Describes safe use of portable generators.
- Smart Grid and Advanced Metering Infrastructure Describes AMI benefits and Non-Transmitting Meter Provisions for Consumers Energy and DTE customers.
- Utility Tips for First Time Renters and Homeowners Describes what new renters and homeowners should know when starting service with their utility(ies).
- Electric Choice for Residential and Commercial Customers Provides helpful information on what customers should know about switching to an Alternative Electric Supplier.
- The Home Heating Credit Describes eligibility requirements and how to apply for the Home Heating Credit.
- Utility Help for Military Families Provides information on utility shutoff protection for eligible military families.
- Home Heating Help Advises of programs which help customers avoid winter utility service shutoff.
- Protect Your Privacy And Prevent Utility Service Fraud
Provides information on how to prevent utility service fraud and identifies steps to take if you are a victim.
- Tips For Terminating Or Changing Utility Service Outlines precautionary steps to take when changing or terminating utility service.
- Beat the Heat and $ave: Hot Tips For Staying Cool! Provides tips for homeowners and businesses to reduce energy use, stay cool, and save money.
- Your Utility Meter: Accessibility and Location Provides information on customer responsibilities regarding meter location, access, and relocation costs.
- Appliance Service Plans-Read The Fine Print
Describes the home appliance service plans offered by utility companies, and provides information to consider before purchasing such a plan.
- The Formal Utility Complaint
Describes how a customer files a utility complaint with the Michigan Public Service Commission.
- Report Telephone and Electric Cable Theft Describes the growing problem of utility cable theft in Michigan.
- Utility Bills And Your Credit Report
Describes credit reporting as it applies to utility bills, and provides information and resources available to help maintain good utility credit.
- The Real Story About Estimated Utility Bills
Provides information on the billing practice of estimated utility bills and discusses customer meter reads.
- The Rate Case-How Utility Rates Are Set Identifies the procedures involved in setting up rates utility companies may charge for their services.
- Tips On Saving Energy & Money At Home Provides helpful tips on saving energy around the house. (U.S. Department of Energy web site)
- Elec Outage Service Credits Tip