On December 21, 2006, Governor Granholm signed legislation to promote competition in providing video service in the state of Michigan. This legislation is known as Public Act 480, or more commonly known as the "Uniform Video Services Local Franchise Act". 2006 PA 480 creates a uniform franchise agreement that is to be used between each franchising entity and video provider in the state of Michigan. The Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) has been the designated agency to implement the Act.
- MPSC issues annual report on Status of Competition for Video Services in Michigan
Pursuant to Section 12(2) of 2006 PA 480, the MPSC issues its 2016 annual report on the Status of Competition for Video Services in Michigan.
providers & franchise entities
- Amended Uniform Video Services Local Franchise Agreement
- Video Competition Reports
- Uniform Video Services Local Franchise Act (2006 PA 480)
- Uniform Video Services Local Franchise - Funding (2016 PA 438)
- Uniform Video Services Dispute Resolution Process (2009 PA 4)
- Filing a Formal Complaint
- Provider and Franchise Entity Inquiries