- We're Hiring TWO Staff Engineering positions: 1) Perform research in regulating electric rates and tariffs. POSTING CLOSES 11/19/17. 2) Assist with the development, implementation, and operation of PSC regulatory responsibilities. POSTING CLOSES 11/30/17
- UMERC wins Michigan Public Service Commission approval to build 2 natural gas-fueled power plants
- MPSC seeks input on electric vehicle pilot programs, approves refund for Consumers Energy electric customers
- MPSC provides direction to improve performance of electric distribution systems. Issue Brief Attached.
- Michigan Public Service Commission establishes electric capacity demonstration process to promote long-term reliability of electric grid. Issue Brief attached
Public Acts 341 and 342 were passed on December 15, 2016, and signed by Governor Rick Snyder on December 21, 2016. PA 341 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to utility rate cases, electric choice, certificate of necessity, and electric capacity resource adequacy, and establishes an integrated resource planning process. PA 342 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to renewable energy, energy waste reduction, and distributed generation, and allows utilities to implement on-bill financing programs. The laws take effect on April 20, 2017.
Click here to find general information about implementation tasks, staff leads for each of the tasks, implementation status updates, and ways to keep informed of stakeholder engagement opportunities.