- The MPSC is seeking a gas safety engineer and a manager of the Energy Markets Section. Great benefits, training provided. Flexible work location for the gas safety engineer. Postings close 4/22/18 and 4/26/18.
- MPSC adopts distributed generation billing method
- RIS for Consumer Standards and Billing Practices for Electric and Natural Gas Service
- MPSC Chairman Talberg: Call 811 hotline before digging
- MPSC reorganizes staff, energy divisions
Public Acts 341 and 342 were passed on December 15, 2016, and signed by Governor Rick Snyder on December 21, 2016. PA 341 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to utility rate cases, electric choice, certificate of necessity, and electric capacity resource adequacy, and establishes an integrated resource planning process. PA 342 updates Michigan’s energy laws relating to renewable energy, energy waste reduction, and distributed generation, and allows utilities to implement on-bill financing programs. The laws take effect on April 20, 2017.
Click here to find general information about implementation tasks, staff leads for each of the tasks, implementation status updates, and ways to keep informed of stakeholder engagement opportunities.