- In October 2008, the Governor signed 2008 PA 295 into law, requiring providers of electric or natural gas service to establish Energy Optimization (EO) programs. In compliance with PA 295, the Commission issued U-15800 to implement the Act, in order to give guidelines for EO plans.
- Plans were required from retail rate-regulated electric utilities, retail rate-regulated rural electric cooperatives, member-regulated electric cooperatives, municipally-owned electric utilities and retail rate-regulated gas utilities. (Alternative electric suppliers did not have to file an EO plan. )
- Included in Orders approving Consumers Energy (U-15805) and Detroit Edison (U-15806) EO plans were provisions for the establishment of a collaborative to:
The initial goals of the Workgroups include the following:
"include all electric and gas providers subject to the Commission’s jurisdiction under Act 295. In addition, energy efficiency experts, equipment installers, and other interested stakeholders should be encouraged to participate in the collaborative."
- Make recommendations for improving EOPs for all providers.
- Provide program evaluation support and develop any needed re-design and improvements to energy efficiency programs.
- Update and refine the MEMD on the basis of actual experience.
- Promote economic development and job creation in Michigan by providing a forum to connect Michigan manufacturers, suppliers and vendors with utility EO programs.
Energy Efficiency Collaborative Documents
- Press Release
Meeting Agendas, Minutes and Presentations
- 01 September 2009: Agenda Presentation 1 Presentation 2
29 June 2009: Kick Off Event, 1:30-3:30 Library of Michigan, Forum Room