2018 Michigan Statewide Interoperable Communications Training Conference
Thank you for attending the 2018 Michigan Statewide Interoperable Communications Training Conference. Conferences such as this one continue to be fundamentally important as we build and strengthen interoperable communications in Michigan – the backbone of our public safety efforts. It is through such opportunities that we can draw upon the experiences of others to help fortify our preparedness for whatever emergency or planned event may be coming down the road.
Going forward, it is critical we continue our efforts to improve communications, interoperability and information sharing among public safety agencies across the state and bordering Michigan. In an emergency, every link in the chain is critical and those links must be firmly connected. That means every agency, every leader and every employee needs to be on the same page and committed to our shared strategic vision of interoperability. There can be no weak links. Tested and proven interoperable communication must always be at the ready, from reliable equipment to processes and connectivity. Don’t let an emergency be a wake-up call. Be informed. Be ready.
Copies of the presentations for this year’s conference can be found below. Many are large files and may take a few seconds to download, and we are unable to share a few of the largest here. Please contact us atDTMB-MI-InterOpConf@Michigan.gov for inquiries regarding presentations not available below.
Again, thank you for attending the conference. We look forward to seeing you in Traverse City, Feb. 19-22, 2019. If you have any questions or have ideas for speaker or sessions next year, please send them to DTMB-MI-InterOpConf@Michigan.gov .
MI Statewide Interoperable Communications Training Conference Planning Committee
Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2018
- The Force of 50 Lessons Learned from the Amateur Radio Response in Puerto Rico__Mike Corey
- MI CIMS AuxComm_Jaclyn Barcroft and Matt McCormick
- Bridge Walk 2017 Panel Presentation_Bryce Tracy
- Rural Broadband Alpena County__Joseph Sawasky and Ron Siegel
- Update on COML COMT Recognition Processes and COMMEX Exercise__Jerry Becker and Bryce Tracy
- National Weather Service Challenges and Lessons Learned in Disaster Communications_Jim Maczko
- PSAP Readiness Planning__Pam Matelski and Scott Neal
- Technology Advances as they relate to Interoperability_Ron Bush and Don Bouffard
Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018
- Amateur Radio Emergency Services ARES Update_Dale Williams
- MI CIMS Refresher_Jaclyn Barcroft and Matt McCormick
- Project 43_James Leyerle
- P25 A Journey Through the MPSCS__Mark Sandberg
- ICS for AUXCOMM_Charles Cribley
- NG911 Whats Next_Harrier Miller Brown
- State MABAS RECENTER vs a Division to Division Request_Chad Chewning
- Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD): A New Era in Dispatch_Darren Whitman and Jeff McDole