- "Historic Preservation and Michigan Communities" An article written by SHPO staff in the May-June 2011 issue of "Michigan Planner"
- A Civic Gift This joint SHPO-Michigan Land Use Institute report describes preservation, community reinvestment and smart growth in Michigan.
- An Honor and an Ornament: Public School Buildings in Michigan How to survey historic school buildings
- Archaeological Consultants
A list of archaeologists who meet or exceed the federal professional qualifications as stated in "Archaeology and Historic Preservation: Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines" ...
- Fences in Historic Districts
SHPO guidance on fences in historic districts
- Historian/Architectural Historian List
A list of consultants who meet or exceed federal professional qualifications for "Historian" and/or "Architectural Historian" as stated in 36CFR part 61.
- Historic Garden Landscapes: A Bibliography
Sources of information on historic gardens and landscapes
- Historical Architect Consultant List
A list of architects who meet or exceed federal professional qualifications for "Historic Architecture" as stated in 36CFR part 61 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Insulation for Historic Commercial Resources
SHPO guidance on insulating historic commercial buildings
- Insulation for Historic Residential Resources
SHPO guidance on insulating historic residential buildings
- Introducing Preservation Trades to High School Students A guide for educators published by the Michigan Historic Preservation Network
- Investing in Michigan's Future: The Economic Benefits of Historic Preservation Preservation as economic development
- Michigan Historic Cemeteries Preservation Guide How to manage, maintain, and preserve historic cemeteries
- Report Card: The Economic Impacts of Historic Preservation in Michigan From the Michigan Historic Preservation Network
- West Michigan Pike
Information about the West Michigan Pike and the SHPO's project to identify and document its history and signficance.
- West Michigan Pike Project Report: Volume I: Historic Context Narrative (Part I)
- West Michigan Pike Project Report: Volume I: Historic Context Narrative (Part II)
- West Michigan Pike Project Report: Volume II: Historic Resource Survey (Part I)
- West Michigan Pike Project Report: Volume II: Historic Resource Survey (Part II)
- West Michigan Pike Project Report: Volume II: Historic Resource Survey (Part III)