Rental Assistance and Homeless Solutions
Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8)
The Rental Assistance and Homeless Solutions division supports those in need with dignity and respect to provide stable housing opportunities and overcome homelessness through a community and team approach.
- Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Homeless Grants Program
- Family Self-Sufficiency Program
- Key to Own Program
MSHDA’s Homeownership Division delivers responsive homeownership products, education, and technical assistance that empower our customers and strengthen and sustain Michigan communities.
- Home Mortgages (MI First Home and MI Next Home) – Down Payment Assistance available
- Mortgage Credit Certificate (federal homebuyer tax credit)
- Property Improvement Loans
- Housing Education
- StepForward Michigan (federal assistance for homeowners hardest hit by the mortgage crisis)
The Rental Development division delivers creative and adaptive solutions that support the development of safe, affordable, quality rental housing in Michigan.
- Pass Through Program
- Tax-exempt and Taxable Bond Lending Program
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC)
Office Telephone: 517-373-6880
Low Income Housing Tax Credit
Housing Initiatives Division
The Housing Initiatives Division supports affordable housing and vibrant places through financial resources, technical assistance, and training to our local and statewide partners.
- Place-based Planning
- Housing Resource Fund - HOME
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program
- Predevelopment Loans
- Statewide Partnership Grants
- TMA Grants
- Technical Assistance Program
The Asset Management division (AMD) strengthens Michigan communities by overseeing the financial and physical well-being of the Authority's affordable housing portfolio and HUD's PBCA program. AMD also protects MSHDA assets and helps preserve MSHDA mortgages.
- Affordable Rental Housing Directory (MIPIE)
- Michigan Housing Locator
- Asset Management of MSHDA's Multifamily Portfolio
- Performance Based Contract Administration
- Toll Free: 844-674-3224
State Historic Preservation Office
Established in federal and state law, the State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) works with property owners, government agencies, and other stakeholders to identify, designate, and protect Michigan's historic built environment and archaeological sites.
- Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- National Register of Historic Places
- State Archaeologist
- Michigan Lighthouse Assistance Programs Grants
- Cultural Resource Planning and Protection (Section 106)
- Michigan Modern
- Historic and Archaeological Site Survey and Inventory
- Historic Preservation Technical Assistance
The Legal Affairs division provides professional legal advice and support to the Authority.
To report Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) fraud, please use the following numbers:
The Finance division ensures the financial integrity of the Authority by managing its revenue, expenditures, and investments and monitoring long-term economic trends.