- Your child spends large amounts of time on-line, especially at night.
- You find pornography or other "banned" material on your child's computer.
- Your child receives telephone calls from someone (particularly an adult) you don't know, or is making telephone calls, sometimes long distance, to telephone numbers you don't recognize.
- Your child receives mail, gifts, or packages from someone you don't know.
- Your child turns the computer off or quickly changes the screen when you come into the room.
- Your child is using an on-line account belonging to someone else.
- Your child becomes withdrawn from the family.