- Do not build houses, buildings, parks, or playgrounds close to steep slopes.
- Have flexible pipe fittings installed to avoid breakage of gas and water lines.
- Severe Storms and Tornadoes
- Melting Snow
- If your house is suddenly modified with new cracks in the plaster or foundations, or windows and doors become jammed for the first time.
- Unusual sounds like trees cracking.
- Listen to you NOAA Weather Radio or local news stations for evacuation orders and instructions.
- Evacuate your home as quickly as possible.
- Follow only designated evacuation routes.
- Check on elderly who may not have been able to evacuate.
- Stay away from the area where the landslide occurred until local officials have designated the area as safe for return.
- Stay away from downed electrical lines, and damaged water, gas, and sewage lines.
More Information/Additional Resources:http://www.ready.gov/landslides-debris-flow