- Placement with Relatives The federal "Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act," which was signed into law in October 2008, ensures that relatives have the opportunity to participate in a child's care.
- Placement with Relatives Relatives have the opportunity to participate in a child's care. The law requires that within 30 days of removal from a child's own home
- Basic Assessment Process for Relative Placement
DHS is required to take specific steps to screen any relative for minimum safety standards prior to placement
- Foster Home Licensing Requirement for Relative Caregivers Licensing requirement for relative caregivers
- Foster Home Licensure Waiver In exceptional circumstances, a waiver may be requested for a relative caregiver to forgo licensure
- Unrelated Caregiver Placement No child may be placed with unrelated caregiver unless