Review performance levels and trends by downloading the current MDARD Scorecard.
To be recognized as a national leader among state departments of agriculture through our expertise, effectiveness, application of sound science and delivery of quality service to our stakeholders.
Assure the food safety, agricultural, environmental, and economic interests of the people of the State of Michigan are met through service, partnership and collaboration.
MDARD’s work focuses on programs and initiatives in four key goal areas:
- Economic Development
- Environmental Sustainability
- Food Safety, Human & Animal Health
- Efficient Effective Government
MDARD defines clear outcome measures for all efforts within the Key Goals.
Some of the larger outcome measures include:
- Increase the economic impact of the food and agriculture industry from $100 billion to $125 billion
- Increase agricultural exports from $3.5 billion to $4.25 billion.
- Increase sustainable food and agricultural systems by increasing the number of farm verifications from 3,000 to 6,000 by 2020.