Welcome to the ORS website for Michigan State Police. Membership in the retirement plan is automatic for enlisted officers who have completed recruit school and subscribed to the constitutional oath of office before June, 2012.
If you became part of the Michigan State Police in June of 2012 or later, you are a member of the Pension Plus plan. Your website is www.mipensionplus.org.
If you work for the Michigan State Police but are not an enlisted officer, you may have retirement benefits as a state of Michigan employee. Click here to see if you are a member of the State Employees' Retirement System.
We encourage our enlisted Michigan State Police members to and come back often for important information.
Our office will be closed on the following date:
- February 20 – President's Day
State office closings for holidays are regulated by the Michigan Department of Civil Service Regulation 5.08. Public Act 124 of 1865 is the Michigan law governing official state holidays.
Published February 17, 2017
Everyone enrolled in our retiree non-Medicare PPO health care plan (administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan) at any time in 2016 will receive Form 1095-B in the mail from the Office of Retirement Services. The statements will begin mailing this week and wrap up no later than January 30th, 2017. You should receive the statement in 3-5 business days after it hits the mail.
Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and Medicare are responsible for providing Form 1095-B to anyone covered by either of those entities at any time during 2016.
Form 1095-B is a health coverage statement, required by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The form is used to report health coverage of individuals who meet minimum essential coverage standards to the IRS on income tax returns. It is your responsibility to make copies of the 1095-B form for your spouse and/or dependents. For specific guidance on information found on the 1095-B statement, contact your tax professional or the IRS.
The IRS has published some general questions and answers about the health care reporting forms, including what to do with them.
Published on January 25, 2017
1099-R statements for 2016 are now available in miAccount. Log in and click on Pension Payments to access your statement. A printed statement will be mailed by the end of January.
Published on January 9, 2017
Other Items of Interest
- Connections Read the latest Connections, the newsletter we deliver twice a year to our retirees.
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFRs) The Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports contain a wealth of interesting figures and statistics about the State Police Retirement System.
- About the State Police Retirement System The Michigan State Police Retirement System is a statewide public employee retirement plan administered by the Office of Retirement Services.
- Retirement Act: Public Act 182 of 1986 The operation of State Police Retirement System is controlled by the State Police Retirement Act—Public Act 182 of 1986, as amended.