Reform Tools Overview
Retirement plan changes due to P.A. 300 of 2012 took effect the first day of your pay period that begins on or after February 1, 2013, as reported to ORS.
Now that the window is closed, you can still use the resources below to help answer questions about your decision. If you came to this page directly from miAccount it should still be open in a separate browser window. You can switch between this site and miAccount by clicking the miAccount window already open.
Note: Apart from the resources on this page, this website is not designed for Pension Plus members. As a Pension Plus member, your plan website is www.mipensionplus.org.
- Legislative Summary ORS's full summary of PA 300 of 2012 (previously called SB 1040), which provides details of the law change and your options.
- PA 300 of 2012 (Previously called SB 1040) Full bill text and analysis as created by the Michigan legislature.
- PA 300 of 2012 Study is Available Public Act 300 of 2012, Sec. 93 called for an independent third party to conduct a study of the current MPSERS retirement system and develop a proposed plan to ensure the long-term sustainability of the retirement system.
- Reform FAQs (For Basic and MIP members only)
Extensive list of FAQs that apply to Basic and MIP members only.
- Reform FAQs (For Pension Plus members only)
Extensive list of FAQs that apply to Pension Plus members only.
- Short Recorded Seminar View this self-paced online seminar which explains reform changes, what you need to do, and when you need to do it. If you're not able to attend a live seminar or webinar, this is a great alternative.
- There are no Reform Webinars and Seminars scheduled at this time.
- Sign up for email or text message alerts. ORS will send occasional updates by email, by text message, or both. Choose which options work best for you.
Evaluate Your Options
- Contact us
Have questions? Use this contact information for help.
- Contribution Comparison Calculator
Research your estimated retirement income and contributions for each pension choice with this calculator.
- Early Reduced Calculator with 1.25% Pension Factor
Estimate an Early Reduced pension calculation using this calculator.
- 401(k)/457 Calculator
Use this calculator to estimate how much you may have in your 401(k) or 457 account at retirement if you choose to save using a retirement investment account.