Step 1 - Do I qualify?
Federal Tax Credit Program
The Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program provides housing assistance by issuing a federal tax credit to first-time homebuyers statewide and repeat homebuyers in targeted areas.
- Qualified homebuyers can credit 20% of their annual mortgage interest paid against their year-end tax liability. A tax credit is a dollar for dollar reduction in tax liability.
- The tax credit is allowable every year for the life of the original mortgage (up to 30 years!)
- Available to first-time homebuyers statewide and repeat homebuyers in targeted areas.
- Household income limits can vary depending on family size and property location.
- Maximum sales price is $224,500 statewide.