Fostering Futures Scholarship Application and Information
The Fostering Futures Scholarship provides eligible foster youth with scholarship funds for tuition, fees, room/board, books, and supplies/equipment required for enrollment. Fostering Futures Scholarship is available to students on a first-come, first served basis. Students need to complete the application and send it, along with copies of his/her financial aid award letter, most recent transcripts, and documentation supporting any off-campus expense requested to the Michigan Education Trust office, listed at the bottom of the application. (Attention: Funds for room/board have been exhausted. Please only submit requests for tuition, fees, books and supplies/equipment required for enrollment.)
To be eligible:
- Student must have been in foster care after the 13th birthday
- There is no upper age limit. Student can receive funding at any age.
- Student must be attending a Michigan public or private 4-year college/university or a community college.
- Funding can be used only for the following: Tuition, fees, room/board, books, and supplies/equipment required for enrollment.
- This funding can be used along with ETV.
The time frames for submitting Fostering Futures Applications:
- Fall 2014 – July 15 through September 30, 2014 - Closed
- Winter/Spring 2015 – November 1 through December 31, 2014
- Spring/Summer 2015 – March 1 through April 30, 2015
- Summer 2015 – April 15 to June 30, 2015
Please do not submit applications for enrollment periods outside the current time-frame.
Fostering Futures Scholarship Application (The application is being updated. It will be available October 27, 2014) Thank you for your patience.