Fostering Futures Scholarship Application and Information
The Fostering Futures Scholarship provides eligible foster youth with scholarship funds for tuition, fees, room/board, books, and supplies/equipment required for enrollment. Fostering Futures Scholarship is available to students on a first-come, first served basis. Students need to complete the application and send it, along with copies of his/her financial aid award letter, most recent transcripts, and documentation supporting any off-campus expense requested to the Michigan Education Trust office, listed at the bottom of the application. (Attention: Limited funds for room/board have been reinstated for second semester (Winter or Spring depending on your college/university). Also, the application form has been updated. This is a fillable form, you may input your information, then print the form to sign and date it. Please submit the updated form and return it completed, with the required documentation, to Student Scholarships & Grants as indicated on the form.)
To be eligible:
- Student must have been in foster care after the 13th birthday
- There is no upper age limit. Student can receive funding at any age.
- Student must be attending a Michigan public or private 4-year college/university or a community college.
- Funding can be used only for the following: Tuition, fees, room/board, books, and supplies/equipment required for enrollment.
- This funding can be used along with ETV.
The time frames for submitting Fostering Futures Applications:
- Fall 2014 – July 15 through September 30, 2014 - Closed
- Winter/Spring 2015 – November 1 through December 31, 2014
- Spring/Summer 2015 – March 1 through April 30, 2015
- Summer 2015 – April 15 to June 30, 2015
Please do not submit applications for enrollment periods outside the current time-frame.
The Fostering Futures Scholarship Application is available here. Thank you for your patience.