- Michigan’s deteriorating infrastructure is in need of revitalization if we are to successfully reinvent our economy. Michigan is not only the automotive leader of the nation but also a leader in developing innovative road construction materials which must be used to revitalize Michigan’s roadways. We can continue being a transportation leader through bold, innovative approaches to upgrading our infrastructure. It's time to seriously engage in this discussion that is so vital to our state's future.
Modern roads, clean water and broadband access are among the building blocks of Michigan's prosperity therefore as the Governor of Michigan I am focusing on four primary needs:
- A modern transportation system that moves people and goods efficiently, reliably and safely.
- A multimodal system serving the movements of a new generation of Michiganders that is more active, urban-based and tech savvy.
- Water and sewer systems that support and protect Michigan's rich environment.
- Integrating the broadband telecommunications network, connecting every business and household to the Internet.
In conclusion, reinvention means reinvestment from us, the citizens of Michigan, in the infrastructure that allows us to work, play and live in our beautiful state. We cannot reinvent our state without first shoring up its foundation. Whether traveling by foot, bicycle, car, truck, plane, train or bus, you deserve safe and unencumbered sidewalks, roads and rails.- Governor Snyder
- How is Michigan doing? Infrastructure Dashboard
- Fixing Our Roads: Governor Snyder Speaks Out Governor Snyder was asked about roads and what can be done to help solve the problem at an event in Grand Rapids.
- Four Reasons Michigan Should Fix Its Roads
- Gov. Snyder talks road funding in Flint
- Special message on the revitalization of Michigan's deteriorating infrastructure
- Gov. Rick Snyder's Infrastructure Plan