- Detroit's comeback is underway
Governor Rick Snyder understood that for Michigan to be a great state once again, Detroit had to become a great city once again. In June 2013, he decided that enough was enough. Because of decades of neglect and mismanagement, the city faced a nearly unsolvable financial hole.
Working with private organizations, foundations, and the public sector, Governor Snyder forged a bipartisan coalition called the 'Grand Bargain' to reduce cuts to retiree pensions and ensure city services were maintained. Today, Detroit is on the path to recovery, and that's why we call it America's Comeback City.
News and Information
- Detroit is America's Comeback City
- Detroit stands taller, stronger as city exits bankruptcy
- Kevyn Orr Letter Recommending Detroit Receivership Ended
- Letter Approving Termination of Detroit Financial Emergency Status
- Gov. Rick Snyder: Detroit's bankruptcy resolution is the result of cooperation, compromise and a shared vision
- Gov. Rick Snyder: The Detroit legislation is an example of a state pulling together, making tough decisions for a brighter future
- Gov. Snyder: Detroit settlement plan builds solid fiscal foundation with safeguards for taxpayers
- Putting Detroit on the Right Path: A 10-Year Plan
- Putting Detroit on the Right Path: Ensuring Success after Bankruptcy
- Direct Benefits of the Settlement for the State of Michigan
- Conditions to Contribution by State of Michigan
- Gov. Snyder: Plan will serve as blueprint directing Detroit to financial stability
- Detroit Institute of Arts, W.K. Kellogg Foundation applauded for stepping up to help city
- Video: Detroit Bankruptcy Press Conference with Governor Rick Snyder and Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr
- Press Conference: "Now is our opportunity to stop 60 years of decline."
- News Release: Governor authorizes Detroit bankruptcy filing
- Video: Governor Snyder announces decision on Detroit bankruptcy filing
- Detroit Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr's Chapter 9 recommendation letter
- Governor Snyder's Chapter 9 Authorization Letter