Criminal Justice Reform
Governor Rick Snyder presented his Criminal Justice Special Message, citing the importance of addressing root causes of criminal behavior and preparing prisoners for reentry into their communities.
We know that most criminals who go to prison will be released one day after they complete their sentence. Governor Snyder believes that we can create a safer, stronger Michigan if when offenders return to their communities, they earn a job and become productive members of society-- instead of turning back to a life of crime.> READ MORE
"We have to do better at preparing these individuals for life outside those walls so they can return to their communities as productive members of society," Governor Snyder said.
To learn more, click on the related documents below.
- Watch Governor Snyder's 2015 Criminal Justice Special Message:
- 1-pager: Protecting crime victims [PDF]
- Criminal Justice Special Message Calls-to-Action [PDF]
- Infographic: Building a safer, stronger Michigan. Download the PDF.
- 1-pager: A juvenile justice system that works for Michigan's children