- Michigan Legislature The first Michigan Legislature, consisting of 16 Senators and 50 Representatives, met in the first capitol in Detroit, which served as our state's capital city until 1847, when it was moved permanently to Lansing. Today's Legislature consists of 148 members, 110 State Representatives and 38 Senators, sent to Lansing by the voters of their separate districts. These men and women share an important trust and responsibility as expressed by one of the fundamental provisions of the Michigan Constitution of 1963.
- Get Bill Status from the Michigan Legislature Website A free service of the Michigan Legislative Council, the Michigan House of Representatives, and the Michigan Senate.
- Michigan Legislature - Legislative Publications
- Office of the Auditor General
- Michigan Legislature - Home
- How does a Bill become a Law?