Michigan's Great Outdoors
- 2016 Fishing Forecast Videos
Check out these videos from fisheries biologists that provide forecasts for spring fishing throughout Michigan!
- Come visit a world where a simple sunrise can still be magical and the warm weather calls us outside. Experience the world's longest freshwater coastline or play in the sparkling waters of Michigan's 11,000 inland lakes.
- Buy a DNR E-License Gift Certificate
Looking for the perfect gift? Buy a DNR E-License Gift Certificate at www.mdnr-elicense.com today!
- Gift Certificates may be found under the category Miscellaneous in denominations of $20, $50, or $100
- You can buy as many as you like in one easy transaction.
- Gift certificates are delivered electronically immediately with a receipt and may be printed or emailed to recipient(s).
- Gift certificates do not expire and may be used during any license year for hunting or fishing licenses and applications, ORV and Snowmobile Trail decals, or Pure Michigan applications on the E-License website.
For help with the purchase process or questions about Gift Certificates, please call 517-284-6057 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Mi-Morels-Potential Morel Locations
- Fish Stocking Database
- Subscribe to Inside Michigan's Great Outdoors!
- Subscribe to Showcasing the DNR (Feature stories) from Michigan DNR
- Construction & Traffic Info
- Highway Rest Areas in Michigan
- Report a Pothole
- Renew License Plate Tabs
- Request a copy of your Safety Education Certificate
- MiDrive - Real time traffic information More
- Reflections of U.P. trout openers past
Across Michigan, the countdown has slowly been winding down for seven long months. Soon, Michigan’s inland trout season opener will have begun, with a fully anticipated, rapturous 154 days of fishing ahead. We gathered reflections of Upper Peninsula trout openers past from some Michigan Department of Natural Resources staff and a member of the Michigan Natural Resources Commission, hoping to help readers tick down the remaining hours.
- Celebrate American Wetlands Month in May
May is American Wetlands Month – a time to appreciate and enjoy these unique watery areas that are home to some of the most biologically diverse plant and animal life. Michigan has countless wetland areas scattered across the state, including seven the Michigan Department of Natural Resources has called "Wetland Wonders."
- Urban, community forests add much to Michigan's scenic and economic landscape
It’s been said the best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, and the second best time is today. Looking at the Michigan Department of Natural Resources’ long record of forest protection and management on state forest land and in plenty of urban areas, it’s a theory clearly subscribed to by many DNR staff and partners. And for good reason. Whether in public forests, private woodlots or right outside your front door, trees provide us with important ecological, economic and social benefits.