Safety and Security
- It's time to reinvent public safety in Michigan.Our state can't reach its full potential until we tackle the problem of violent crime in our cities. It devastates families, leaves neighborhoods in fear and robs our state of its economic vitality. But we can overcome these challenges through a collaborative, comprehensive and long-term approach.
- Extra enforcement for Ticketing Aggressive Cars and Trucks program Dec. 2-13;
Electronic Message Boards to Feature Safe Driving Reminder
- Snyder signs bills updating 'MISS DIG'
- Don't be a turkey this Thanksgiving; Seat belts, sober driving are main ingredients to a safe holiday
- Thanksgiving is Top Day for Home Cooking Fires; State Fire Marshal Warns of Dangers of Using Turkey Fryers
- Michigan seat belt use holds steady in 2013; Observation survey pegs state seat belt use rate at 93 percent