How do I Become a Resident of Michigan?
Residency means different things for different purposes. Some examples are:
- Gaining the ability to vote in this state
- Securing a Michigan driver license
- Registering your motor vehicle
- Registering a recreational vehicle or boat
- Being required to file income tax statements in Michigan
- Becoming a licensed professional in Michigan
- Being able to pay in-state tuition for colleges and universities
For each of these instances, follow the link above to gain more information. In the case of in-state college tuition, each college has its own requirements. You will need to contact the college you plan to attend.