E11 Services in Michigan
- E11 is a three-digit shortcut to reach special community services. The numbers are set aside by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and operated by the provided list of special community services.
- Dial 211 to connect with community services near you – child care, senior services, counseling, food, shelter, job services, and more.
- The state of Michigan has no official deployment of 311. Links to submit non-emergency city or county service requests are as follows:
- LDA - Local Directory Assistance
Dial 411 and request the Operator to search for a listing in a group of area codes local to you. Call 411 from your current service area.
National Directory Assistance
Dial the area code of the listing you are looking for plus 555-1212. (Area Code)-555-1212. If you are looking for a listing in Lansing, MI, Area Code 517, dial 517-555-1212.
- The state of Michigan has not implemented 511 services. Information regarding traffic conditions for commuters can be found on the MI Department of Transportation's web site.
Please visit www.michigan.gov/drive for travel related information.
- 611 is the abbreviated general customer service access number for most telephone providers.
- In the U.S., every phone company is required to connect persons who dial 711 to a Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) call center from a working number.
For more information please visit the MPSC's Michigan Relay Center
- Anyone proposing to excavate, dig, bore, tunnel, blast, or disturb the earth in any manner in which buried utilities may be damaged is requested to call 811.
For more information please visit MISS DIG
- Dial 911 nationwide for emergency services.