Mt. Pleasant Roosevelt Refinery
The Roosevelt Refinery reflects known PFAS levels. Based on environmental and health concerns, further review and possible action may be necessary to best protect public health. More details about this location will be made available as soon as possible.
- The DEQ requested that MRP Properties sample the groundwater due to the site being a former refinery.
- The refinery stored/used fire suppression substances.
- Groundwater samples were taken in August 2017.
- The DEQ was made aware of PFAS Concentrations at the Roosevelt Refinery site in October 2017.
- The DEQ has requested the company further define the extent of the PFAS plume on-site.
- The DEQ has briefed the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe.