Rockford Tannery reflects known PFAS levels. Based on environmental and health concerns, further review and possible action may be necessary to best protect public health. More details about this location will be made available as soon as possible.
- The former Wolverine Tannery is in downtown Rockford on the Rogue River.
- A concerned citizens group brought this location to the DEQ’s attention.
- In a meeting between the concerned citizens group and Wolverine in the fall of 2016, the concerned citizens requested that Wolverine include PFAS sampling with their regular groundwater monitoring.
- In the summer of 2017, Wolverine conducted PFAS and other sampling at the Tannery.
- Wolverine submitted a summary of their sampling to the DEQ on November 8, 2017.
- PFAS is in the groundwater and surface water samples along the Rogue River.
- The city of Rockford is served by municipal water, which tested negative for PFAS.
- Wolverine is preparing a work plan for further investigation and is expected to propose steps to prevent the PFAS contamination from entering the river.
- Several Rockford Public Schools were tested per a request by the school district, and no sources of PFAS were found and no apparent public health hazard exists.