Tawas' Huron Shores Regional Water Authority
Tawas' Huron Shores Regional Water Authority (HSRWA) reflects known PFAS levels. Based on environmental and health concerns, further review and possible action may be necessary to best protect public health. More details about this location will be made available as soon as possible.
- The HSRWA is the alternative being considered for properties affected by the Wurtsmith Air Force Base plume.
- The HSRWA was sampled by DEQ staff in December 2015.
- Sample results confirmed the presence of PFOA.
- Sampling was repeated by the DEQ in June, July, August, September, and October 2016; and the public was notified. Results were consistently below 70 ppt for PFOS and PFOA.
- The HSRWA will monitor quarterly until they can demonstrate the PFAS is reliably and consistently below 70 ppt.