Grayling Municipal Wells
Grayling Municipal Wells are sites which reflects known PFAS levels. Based on environmental and health concerns, further review and possible action may be necessary to best protect public health. More details about this location will be made available as soon as possible.
- The two Grayling municipal wells serving the city of Grayling were sampled in the spring of 2017.
- PFAS compounds were detected in one of the two wells at low levels near the reporting limits.
- The city removed the well from routine use, and additional samples were collected in July.
- The samples confirmed the initial result for the one well and reported similar, low levels of PFAS present in the other well.
- Three public meetings have been held and another is planned for November 27, 2017.
- The city will continue to monitor for PFAS to demonstrate the levels are reliably and consistently below health advisories.