Submit your design for the 2018 Deer Management Cooperator PatchContact:
DNR Wildlife Division, 517-284-9453Agency:
March 9, 2018
The Michigan Deer Management Cooperator Patch has been a collector’s item for hunters since the early 1970s. This year, the Department of Natural Resources is asking the public to design the deer patch for the first time ever!
“Over the years, hunters or others have asked about or submitted patch ideas, but we have always hired an artist or used DNR staff,” said Jordyn Richardson, DNR outreach technician. “This year, we thought, let’s make it a contest so we can get a lot of different ideas and bring some excitement back to the patch.”
The DNR has been providing the patch as a thank-you to hunters for bringing their deer to DNR check stations. At check stations, the DNR collects valuable data about the state’s deer population.
Those interested in participating in the contest should submit their designs by April 2. Submissions must include artist’s name, mailing address and phone number.
All entries must be mailed to:
DNR Wildlife Division
Attn: Emilie O’Grady
525 W. Allegan St.
P.O. Box 30444
Lansing, MI 48909
Contest guidelines are as follows:
- Entries must be submitted through U.S. mail.
- Entries must be postmarked by April 2, 2018.
- Entries must include the artist’s name, mailing address and phone number.
- Anyone can enter the contest. Children under the age of 13 need parental/guardian permission. (Permission is given by including parent/guardian signature on the back of the entry.)
- Work must be original to the artist and must be submitted by the artist or artist’s parent or guardian.
- Entries may be any medium but must be submitted on paper, hand-drawn or printed.
- Entries must portray a white-tailed deer and Michigan habitat or represent Michigan deer hunting.
- Entries may include a maximum of seven colors.
- “Successful Hunter 2018” must be included in the design.
- “Deer Management Cooperator” must be included in the design.
- “mi.gov/deer" must be included in the design.
- Submitted entries must be scaled to a size of 3 inches by 4 inches or 3 inches by 3 inches (the final size of the patch).
- Entries must include the DNR logo. (Feel free to create a circular placeholder. The minimum size of the logo on the final patch is 1 inch.)
- Once a patch design is submitted, it is the property of the DNR.
- Reserves the right to not use any entries submitted for patch design
- Reserves the right to use any entry as the basis for patch designs in future years.
- Will protect the integrity of winner's design composition as much as possible.
- May make changes to assist in the production of the patch.
- Reserves the exclusive right to authorize the reproduction of the winning design.
- Will not insure the entries received or be responsible for loss or damage to the entries.
- Has the right to use the designer’s name and image for promotional purposes without compensation to the designer.
- Has the right to destroy submissions.
The winner will be contacted in early May.
For questions about the contest, contact the DNR Wildlife Division at 517-284-9453.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources is committed to the conservation, protection, management, use and enjoyment of the state’s natural and cultural resources for current and future generations. For more information, go to www.michigan.gov/dnr.