- Name Change on a RegistrationOwners with a name change can correct their registration
- Address Change on a RegistrationBy changing the address on your driver license, any vehicles with your driver license number on the registration will automatically be updated on the Secretary of State's record with your new address.
- 30-Day and 60-Day Temporary Registration PermitsSome Michigan residents, including those serving in the military, may use their vehicles only occasionally or may be out of the country for extended periods of time.
- Inheriting a Vehicle - Registration StatusWhen the vehicle title of a deceased owner is transferred to the spouse's name or next closest kin's name, the license plate remains on the vehicle and is transferred into the relative's name.
- Military Personnel and Michigan Residents Out-of-State Needing to Renew a Vehicle RegistrationSeveral options are available to Michigan residents and military personnel who are temporarily out of state and wish to renew a car, truck, trailer, motorcycle or recreational vehicle registration.
- New Michigan ResidentsNew residents must obtain Michigan license plates right away
- License Plate TabsPlacement instructions; replacing a lost tab
- Self-Service StationsUse this convenient option to pick up new tabs for your license plate.
- Lost or Stolen License PlateIf your license plate was lost or stolen, you can obtain a replacement license plate at a Secretary of State Branch Office for $5.00.
- Transferring a License PlateUnder certain circumstances, license plates may be transferred to another vehicle.
- Insurance RequirementsMichigan no-fault insurance is required before registering most vehicles. Out-of-state insurance policies cannot be used.
- Michigan State Park Recreation PassportThe Recreation Passport is your $11 ticket to Michigan's state parks and outdoor adventures! Check "YES" when you renew your license plate. Where can $11 take you?