Introduction to the Michigan Enhanced Driver's License
The Enhanced Driver’s License (EDL) is a special driver’s license that allows Michigan motorists to cross into the U.S. when traveling by sea or land from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean nations without the need for a passport or other identification documents. Explore the links below for more information about the EDL and the requirements for obtaining one.
Enhanced Driver's License Links
- Applying for an Enhanced Driver's License (Over 18, Already Licensed)
Information about upgrading a Michigan or out-of-state license to an enhanced license.
- Applying for an Enhanced Driver's License (Over 18, Never Been Licensed)
Information about obtaining an enhanced driver's license if you have never been licensed.
- Documents Required for an Enhanced License or ID You must present specific documentation to obtain a Michigan enhanced driver's license.
- Where to Apply for an Enhanced License
All Secretary of State offices issue the enhanced driver's license . . .
- Chauffeur License Information about obtaining your enhanced chauffeur license.
- Commercial Driver License Information about obtaining an enhanced CDL.
- Military Personnel Information for military personnel about obtaining an enhanced driver's license.
- Renewing a Driver's License
Information about renewing a driver's license.
- Replacing or Correcting a Driver's License
Information about replacing a lost license and requesting name, address and other changes.
- Enhanced License Security Feature/RFID chip
Information about the enhanced license security features and the Radio Frequency Identification chip.
- Enhanced License Fees
A chart of enhanced driver's license fees.
- Enhanced Driver's License and State ID FAQs Additional information about enhanced driver's license and state ID can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions.