Requesting a Driving or Vehicle Record
Driving and vehicle records can be purchased through the Record Lookup Unit at the Secondary Complex, 7064 Crowner Drive, Lansing, MI 48918-1502. If you do not have an account with the Department of State, you must complete a record request form each time you request a record. Each record is $11 and must be paid in advance with a check, money order or credit card (Discover, MasterCard or Visa). A certified copy of a driving or vehicle record is available for an additional $1 fee.
Additionally, for only $12, you can purchase your own certified driving record at any branch office. Simply show your driver's license (no form required) and walk out with a copy of your record in hand. All offices accept cash, checks, money orders, Discover, MasterCard or Visa debit and credit cards.
Related Topics & Documents
- Requesting Your Own Driving or Vehicle Record
- Requesting Your Own Driving Record - Same-Day Service
- How to Read a Driving Record
- How to Read a Vehicle Record
- Requesting Another Person's Record
- Governmental Agency Record Requests
- Bulk Information Sales
- Account Holder Record Lookup Request (BDVR-153)
- Non-Account Record Lookup Request (BDVR-154)
- Request Form: For Government Agencies (BDVR-155)