Help America Vote Act (HAVA)
- State Plan
- County Equipment Purchase
- State Plan Advisory Committee Members
- State Plan Advisory Committee Meeting Documents
- Voting Equipment Invitation to Bid (ITB)
- Polling Place Improvement Grant Program
- HAVA Complaint Process
The Help America Vote Act (HAVA) was signed into law by the president on October 29, 2002. It creates many mandates for state and local governments and has provided funding. HAVA funding has allowed Michigan to replace outdated voting equipment and to improve polling place access for voters with disabilities.
More information regarding the Help America Vote Act is available on the Web site maintained by the Federal Election Commission at http://www.fec.gov.