Vehicle Dealer Training
The Michigan Department of State is offering full-day training in Lansing to assist all classes of licensed vehicle dealers and their staff on the basic requirements of the Michigan Vehicle Code. There are no course registration fees.
- Pre-registration is required. Registration is first come, first served at www.Michigan.gov/SOS ← Use this link to get to the self-registration page.
- If a course date does not appear in the drop-down menu, it means the class is full. Please register for another date, or check back at a later date for openings.
Picture ID is required for entry into the building where training is held.
- Who should attend?
- Any class A, B, C, D, E, F, G, R, or W dealership may attend full-day trainings.
- Dealership owners, managers, sales and office staff.
- What will be covered?
- Michigan.gov/sos and other state Web sites
- Vehicle Ownership Documents
- Wholesaling/Retailing Vehicles
- TR-210/TR-209 Secured Interest Change on Title Process
- Dealership Records
- Dealer Plate Usage
- Your questions
Training Dates, Times and Locations:
There are no more dealer training classes scheduled for the calendar year 2016. 2017 classes will be announced in mid-January 2017
In the online registration module, if a course does not appear in the drop-down menu, it means the class is full. Please register for another date, or check back at a later date for openings.
For questions or assistance with registration, contact the Business Regulation Section at 517-335-1259.
We do take periodic breaks and a lunch. There is an on-site cafeteria and nearby fast-food.
Operations Center, 7285 Parsons Drive, Dimondale 48821 (go to building #4, on map #2)