Automotive Complaint Form
Please read these instructions carefully
· Only new complaints can be filed on the Web, using the link at the bottom of the page.
· Only complaints regarding Michigan businesses can be accepted.
· When your complaint has been submitted, you will be informed of your Web File Number. Please retain this number.
· It is very important that you mail or fax the Secretary of State copies of all invoices, receipts and related documents. Your complaint cannot be opened until all documents are received. If they are not received within 15 days of your Web filing, the complaint will be deleted and you’ll need to start the process over again.
· On any supporting documents, remove credit card and personal account references. Please do not send original documents.
· Make certain to mark all documents at the top with the Web File Number so investigators can match the information with your complaint. All faxed documents should be on 8-1/2 x 11 paper.
Mail or fax supporting documents to:
Michigan Department of State
Office of Regulatory Monitoring
P.O. Box 30046
Lansing, MI 48909-7546
The Secretary of State’s goal is to give prompt, quality service. Complaints are generally investigated in the order in which they are received.
Once your complaint and copies of all documents have been received, our office will contact the business by U.S. Mail and ask them to respond to a questionnaire. You will be contacted by letter at that time and again after our office has received a reply from the business.
If you have questions or need further assistance, telephone 1-888-SOS-MICH (1-888-767-6424). Hearing-impaired customers may access the department's telephone number by calling the Michigan Relay Center at 7-1-1.