Skip Navigation
  • SOS Home
  • Site Map
  • FAQs
  • Online Services
  • Forms
  • Contact SOS
  • close print view

    I did not receive my renewal form, can you resend me another renewal form?

    Renewal forms not received cannot be resent. However, you may renew your license plate without a renewal form at or at our Self-Service Stations if your insurance can be verified electronically. You may also renew without the renewal form at any Secretary of State branch office.  Documents needed for renewals are:

    • Old registration for each registration (or plate configuration)
    • Proof of Michigan no-fault insurance for each registration
    • Driver's license
    • Cash, check, money order, or a Discover, Mastercard or Visa debit or credit card.

    You may also mail a photocopy of your current registration, proof of valid Michigan no-fault insurance, and a check or money order payable to the State of Michigan to:

    Michigan Department of State
    Renewal by Mail Unit
    7064 Crowner Drive
    Lansing, Michigan 48980

    If paying by VISA, MasterCard, or Discover credit card, you may fax the information to (517) 322-6822. Please provide your credit card number, credit card expiration date, printed name, signature, and dollar amount.

    > Back To Renew Your License Plate FAQ



    If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner or send us an e-mail and we will help you get the information you need.

    Related Content
     •  Can I return a newly bought vehicle within a certain time period?
     •  What should I do if I have a complaint about a car dealer or manager?
     •  If I just bought a vehicle, can I drive it home without it being registered?
     •  Should I expect the used car I'm buying to have a warranty?
     •  What should I do before buying a vehicle from an individual?
     •  What do I need to sell my car by myself?
     •  What should I do before buying a vehicle from a dealership?
     •  How do I verify whether a motor vehicle repair facility is properly licensed or registered by the Department of State?
     •  How do I file a complaint against a dealership, repair facility or mechanic?
     •  What do I need to know about leasing a vehicle?
     •  Do I need to show proof of insurance each time I renew my plate?
     •  Can I renew my plate without going to a Secretary of State office?
     •  How can I renew my registration while I am out of state?
     •  How soon should I put my new license plate and tab on my vehicle?
     •  Should I notify anyone about my new license plate?
     •  Can I still keep my Great Lakes Splendor or Auto Centennial license plate?
     •  I sold my vehicle and there are no plans to replace it. What do I do with the license plate?
     •  What license plates are available for order?
     •  Do I need a commercial plate on my vehicle?
     •  What is considered a moped? Are they registered?
    QR code Home
  • SOS Home
  • FAQ
  • Online Services
  • Forms
  • Contact SOS
  • State Web Sites
  • Office of Regulatory Reinvention
  • Spending & Accountability

  • Privacy Policy
  • Link Policy
  • Accessibility Policy
  • Security Policy
  • Michigan Survey

    Copyright © 2001-2014 State of Michigan