What to expect from Segment 2 Driver Education
- Student must have held a valid Level 1 license for a minimum of 3 consecutive months.
- Student must have completed a minimum of 30 hours of driving time with a parent, legal guardian, or, with the permission of a parent or legal guardian, any licensed driver who is 21 years of age or older. Two of the 30 hours must be night driving. A student must possess a Level 1 license to drive a motor vehicle.
To verify enrollment eligibility, a student may need to present the Segment 1 certificate of completion, the Level 1 driver license, and a driving log or parent certification of the student's driving hours.
- A minimum of 6 hours of instruction.
- A maximum of 2 hours of instruction per day.
- A maximum of 36 students per class. Class size may be exceeded for no more than 1 hour per day when justified by an educational presentation.
- Home study time is not considered as time earned toward the 6-hour classroom requirement.