Your First License Over 18
- Applying for a Driver's License (Over 18, Never Been Licensed) A guide for obtaining your first driver's license if you are over 18 and never been licensed.
- Documents Required for a License or ID You must present specific documentation to obtain a standard Michigan driver's license.
- Social Security Requirements
The law requires the Michigan Department of State to collect Social Security numbers before issuing a driver's license or state identification card.
- Interpreter and Translation Information Interpreter and translation information for individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, do not speak English or have limited reading skills.
- Sign Language Interpreter Services
How to obtain a sign language interpreter.
- Testing Requirements Testing requirements for obtaining your first license.
- Temporary Instruction Permits
A Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP) allows you to practice driving with a licensed adult for up to 180 days.
- Probation Explained
Information about the probationary period after obtaining your license.
- Driver's License Denied What to do when your driver's license has been denied.
- License Fees A chart of standard driver's license fees.
- ¿Necesita una licencia o tarjeta de identificación? (SOS-428SP) Necesitará los siguientes documentos
Enhanced Driver's License Over 18
- Applying for an Enhanced Driver's License (Over 18, Already Licensed)
Information about upgrading a Michigan or out-of-state license to an enhanced license.
- Documents Required for an Enhanced License or ID You must present specific documentation to obtain a Michigan enhanced driver's license.
- Applying for an Enhanced Driver's License (Over 18, Never Been Licensed)
Information about obtaining an enhanced driver's license if you have never been licensed.
- Enhanced License Fees
A chart of enhanced driver's license fees.