Welcome to the Department of State News Center
- Ludington Secretary of State office to close for remodeling Feb. 26 - March 2
The Secretary of State office in Ludington will be closing for a week due to a remodeling project, but customers can hop online to ExpressSOS.com instead, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson said.
The office, located at 5902 W. Ludington Ave., will not open on Monday, Feb. 26 and will resume normal service at 9 a.m. on Monday, March 5 . . .
- Secretary Johnson comments on Driver Resp. Fee elimination deal
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson made the following statement regarding the announced deal to eliminate Driver Responsibility Fees:
"This announced deal to address and fully eliminate Driver Responsibility Fees is great news for Michigan motorists . . .
- Hudsonville Secretary of State office now lets you hold spot in line, make appointments
The innovative MI-TIME Line service that allows customers to use their phones or computers to make appointments or hold their place in line is now available at the Secretary of State office at 5211 Cherry Avenue Plaza in Hudsonville, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson announced . . .
- Downriver Area PLUS office in Trenton now lets you hold your spot in line, make appointments
The innovative MI-TIME Line service that allows customers to use their phones or computers to make appointments or hold their place in line is now available at the Downriver Area PLUS office, 3040 Van Horn Road in Trenton, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson announced today.
“Customers who can’t hop online . . .
- Secretary of State Ruth Johnson stresses the importance of women in leadership roles
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson today spoke to women professionals at the Michigan Parks and Recreation Association annual conference and trade show in Detroit, stressing the need for greater involvement of women in business and government.
“Metro Detroit has the second highest percentage of women business owners in the country,” Johnson said. “That’s one powerful alliance of leadership, talent and energy. But to make a difference, our voices need to be . . .
- Secretary of State Johnson takes action against operator of illegal Grand Rapids auto repair shop
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson today announced that her office has issued a cease and desist order against a previously suspended Grand Rapids repair shop owner for operating an unregistered facility.
Secretary of State regulation staff recently conducted an inspection of Guevara Brothers Auto Repair, 1838 Division Ave. S., owned by . . .
- Secretary of State Mobile Office to visit Detroit Boat Show
Secretary of State Ruth Johnson today encouraged Detroit Boat Show visitors to stop by the Mobile Office to renew their watercraft registration and learn more about how the federal REAL ID law will . . .